If shrimp is your thing, the Manhattan Avocado Cocktail is for you! Flavored with garlic, cumin and dazzled with greens, this shrimp cocktail is one for the ages! Tasty for a party or a nice dinner, the delicious cocktail will entice your taste buds for more! Incorporating fresh Hass avocados in your diet helps to increase your fruit and vegetable intake. They're delicious, heart-healthy, and a source of naturally good fats.
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, cooked
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea. garlic clove, mashed
- 1/2 t. cumin seeds
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 3/4 t. salt
- 2 t. red Thai or jalapeño pepper
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 2 c. mesclun greens slightly packed
- 1/2 c. tomato, seeded and diced (for garnish)
- For shrimp: in a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a microwave-proof cup, microwave the oil, garlic, and cumin seeds on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until hot. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove the garlic with a fork and whisk in the lime juice and salt. In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the dressing and the jalapeño pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate. Place the avocado slices in a 9” glass pie plate. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the dressing (whisking first with fork to blend).
- Shake dish to coat avocado. Press plastic wrap lightly over surface of avocado and seal around edge of plate. Refrigerate up to 4 hours. Reserve remaining dressing.
- To serve: Toss greens with 1 tablespoon of remaining dressing.Divide greens among 4 martini glasses, mounding in center. Arrange shrimp and top with tomato. Decoratively stand avocado slices in glass, using the greens and shrimp to rest against.