- 1/2 ea. medium Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and mashed
- 1 t. lime juice
- 2 ea. slices whole grain bread, crusts removed
- 1 ea. medium English cucumber, sliced (reserve 4 slices as garnish)
- 1/2 c. micro-greens (or alfalfa sprouts)
- 2 T. whipped cream cheese (plain or veggie flavor)
- 4 ea. matchstick pretzels (used as edible "toothpicks" to hold sandwich together)
- Mash avocado in a small bowl with lime juice.
- Spread avocado evenly on one slice of the bread. On the other slice, spread whipped cream cheese evenly. Layer cucumber slices and micro-greens (or sprouts). Top sandwich with second slice of bread.
- Cut sandwich in half and again, so that there are 4 small bite-sized sandwiches. Top each sandwich with a slice of cucumber. Using a knife, make a slice thru the center of the sandwich and use a pretzel matchstick stuck in the center to hold together. Serve immediately.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!