Summer’s Night Avocado Ice-Cream Cake Recipe
Avocados From Mexico are an American kitchen staple for a reason. A mild flavor profile, creamy texture, and year-round availability make avocados the perfect base for nearly anything — even ice-cream cake!
In the heat of summer, we’ve often got a hankering for a cold, creamy treat. So when the long day comes to a cool down, grab a couple of ripe avocados and make this no-bake avocado ice-cream cake with a chocolate-cookie crust.
Related: Satisfy your sweet tooth with these other chocolate avocado desserts.
No-Bake Avocado Ice-Cream Cake with a Chocolate-Cookie Crust
- 25 chocolate cookies with white-cream filling
- 4 T. butter, melted
Avocado Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 2 Avocados From Mexico
- 1 ⅓ c. condensed milk
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- Juice of 1 lime
Fudge Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. cacao powder
- 1/4 c. brown rice syrup (or corn syrup)
- 1/3 c. semisweet chocolate chips
For the crust:
- Pulse the chocolate, cream-filled cookies in a blender or food processor for approximately 1 minute; the crumbs should have a fine texture. Combine with melted butter.
- Firmly press the mixture into and along the sides of a 9-inch pie plate, creating an even surface on the bottom. (Pro tip: Use a large spoon or measuring cup to firmly press the mixture into the plate.)
- Place the crust in the refrigerator until solidified.
For the avocado ice cream:
- Wash, peel, and pit the avocados. Puree the avocado flesh in a blender or food processor.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir in the avocado puree, condensed milk, and lime juice. Mix the ingredients at a low speed using an electric hand or stand mixer for about 2 minutes or until well mixed. Place mixture in the refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and slowly whip the mixture for approximately 4 minutes. Gradually increase the speed until fluffy with some formed peaks.
- Slowly fold the avocado puree mixture into the whipped cream until fully merged.
- Gently spread the avocado ice-cream mixture into the refrigerated cookie crust. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Return ice-cream cake to the refrigerator.
For the fudge topping:
- Bring the heavy cream, cacao powder, and brown-rice syrup to a boil in a small pot. Reduce the heat; simmer for approximately 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until smooth.
- Allow the fudge sauce to cool to room temperature before spreading on top of the avocado-ice-cream cake.
Freeze for 4 to 6 hours or overnight. Thaw for 5 minutes before serving.
Whip up more sweet treats with inspiration from our avocado desserts recipe page. Or make it a meal with ideas for everything from appetizers to main dishes on our avocado recipes page.
Want even more avocado info?
Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.