- 2 c. vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1 ea. lime, juiced
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 c. granola
- 1 T. honey
- Add the avocado, yogurt, lime juice and honey in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and fully combined.
- Evenly distribute avocado-yogurt mixture between 4 small bowls or glasses. Next layer each with 1/4 cup berries and 3 tablespoons granola. Chill 5 minutes and serve.
This Greek yogurt parfait recipe is loaded with ingredients that you love. Vanilla Greek yogurt, avocado, strawberries, lime juice, granola, and honey combine perfectly to please your taste buds. You should try pairing it with our avocado coffee recipe!
What is Greek yogurt?
Greek yogurt is yogurt that is strained of whey, while regular yogurt is not. Interestingly, this type of yogurt in Greece is actually called “straggisto” (strained yogurt). The term “Greek yogurt” was created by the brand Chobani based in the United States.
How long does Greek yogurt last?
Answer: When stored properly, the USDA says that yogurt can last 1 to 2 weeks in the refrigerator (40 ºF). In the freezer (0 ºF), it can last 1 to 2 months. Read the USDA’s guidance on storing yogurt.
What does Greek yogurt taste like?
Greek yogurt has a thick consistency and a slightly tangy flavor. It typically has less sugar and doesn’t contain whey (regular yogurt contains whey), so it doesn’t taste as sweet as regular yogurt.
How do you sweeten Greek yogurt?
Greek yogurt can be sweetened in many ways. The easiest way to sweeten your Greek yogurt is to stir in a little bit of honey. However, our favorite way to serve Greek yogurt is by adding some berries, honey, avocado, lime juice, and granola. Not only does this make it sweet, but the different textures and flavors combine wonderfully.