How to Make Vegan Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
Fresh and flavorful, green goddess dressing is a salad staple. But how do you make a classic even better (and greener)? Add avocado!
Hold the traditional spreads to make this popular dressing vegan friendly. Instead, add in ripe avocado as the base for this delicious dressing. Avocado’s smooth, creamy texture and subtle, malleable flavor profile make it an ideal stand-in for a vegan version of this fan-favorite dressing.
Related: Kick up your favorite salad with this spicy ranch avocado dressing.
Vegan Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 ½ Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 2 tsp. capers
- 2 tbsp. chives, minced
- 1 garlic clove, grated or roughly chopped
- 1 c. mixed herbs: dill, mint, tarragon, and cilantro
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (approximately 4-5 tbsp.)
- 1 c. parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- Dice your avocado before using it. Here’s how to cut, slice, and dice everyone’s favorite versatile green fruit.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth — approximately two minutes. For a thinner dressing, add a teaspoon of water. Gradually add more water until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add additional kosher salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Spoon the mixture into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to five days. (Have leftover avocado? Here’s how to keep avocado from going bad.)
Pour It On
Vegan avocado green goddess dressing is an exquisite accompaniment to your favorite salad. Shake up your greens with this dressing on deck. It’ll make the perfect pair for one of these avocado-inspired salads.
Ever versatile, Avocados From Mexico are a perfect base for some of your favorite vegan recipes, from vegan guacamole to vegan avocado breakfast tacos. For even more inspiration, head over to our avocado recipe page.
Want even more avocado info?
Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.