How to Make Your Own Spicy Ranch Avocado Dressing and Avocado Tzatziki Sauce
Making a meal entirely from scratch is sure to impress your guests, but the extensive preparation often needed can leave you wondering if the time you’ll spend in the kitchen is worth the praise you’ll receive.
Both recipes that pair well with a number of meals, this spicy ranch avocado dressing and avocado tzatziki sauce bring versatility and taste to your kitchen — with minimal prep time. Combine either creation with sliced veggies, a simple salad, or a tasty taco, and you’ve created a meal sure to showcase your culinary stature.
Here’s how to make spicy ranch avocado dressing and avocado tzatziki sauce from scratch.
Related: Make your own avocado mayonnaise too.
To Make Spicy Ranch Avocado Dressing:
- 1 Avocado From Mexico, halved and pitted
- 1/4 c. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 t. white vinegar
- 1/2 t. dried parsley
- 1/2 t. dried dill
- 1/2 t. dried chives
- 1/2 t. dried onion
- 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
- Black pepper to taste
- Place both avocado halves in a food processor with the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, grated garlic, white vinegar, parsley, dill, chives, onion, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Pulse the blender in short spurts until the items are combined — about 30 seconds.
- Add the milk to the processor in small amounts and continue pulsing the avocado dressing until it’s thick and creamy.
- Chill the dressing in the refrigerator for one hour before topping your chosen salad or serving as a dip. It will keep in the refrigerator for three to five days.
To Make Avocado Tzatziki:
- 2 Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, and cubed
- 2–1/2 T. lemon juice
- 8 oz. large English cucumber; 3/4 of this mixture should be finely chopped and the remaining 1/4 should be finely grated.
- 2 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 T. dill, chopped
- 2 T. mint, chopped
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1–1/2 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 serrano chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1 t. red pepper flakes
- 8 drops of hot sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Ripen your avocados quickly by placing them in a paper bag with another ripe fruit the night before you make your avocado tzatziki.
- Place the avocado cubes, garlic, lemon juice, hot sauce, Greek yogurt, and cucumber in a medium bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the ingredients in the bowl until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the dill, mint, lemon zest, serrano chile, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Mix well with a fork or plastic spatula.
- Cover the dish and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for one hour before serving. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Top your favorite taco salad with your new ranch avocado dressing, or elevate a typical turkey sandwich with a generous serving of avocado tzatziki for easy meal options sure to garner party praise with minimal preparation. Your guests will appreciate the thought behind the meal, and you will appreciate its sauce’s simplicity.
Visit our recipe page for even more ideas for meals to pair with your new dressing and sauce.
Want even more avocado info? Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.