- 3 ripe Avocados from Mexico halved pitted and diced
- 1 whole jalapeño or more to taste
- 3 cloves whole garlicwith the skin on
- 1/4 small white onion
- 1 cup corn kernels shaved from tender fresh corn or cooked from thawed frozen corn
- 1 cup Cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice or to taste
- 3/4 tsp Kosher or sea salt or to taste
- Place the jalapeño, garlic cloves with skin on, and onion in a small baking dish under the broiler. Broil for 6 to 9 minutes, until completely cooked through, soft and skin is charred.
- Alternatively, you can char them on a hot skillet or comal set over medium heat, for the same amount of time, flipping once.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel the garlic and mince, along with the jalapeño (seeding optional) and the onion.
- Place diced avocado in a mixing bowl and gently mash it with a fork.
- Add the roasted and minced garlic, onion and jalapeños and mix well. Incorporate the corn, tomatoes, lime juice and salt. Toss it all together, until well combined.