- 1 T. olive oil
- 5 ea. stalks of scallions
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 3 T. sour orange juice
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1/2 c. white onion, small dice
- 1 T. Habanero TABASCO® Sauce
- 1 T. orange blossom honey
- 1 T. orange zest
- 2 t. salt
- Heat olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the scallions and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides. Remove from heat and transfer to a paper towel to drain oil. When cooled, chop finely.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados with sour orange juice and lime juice until chunky-smooth.
- Fold in scallions, white onions,Tabasco, honey, orange zest, and salt until well combined.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!