- 8 ea. corn tortillas
- 2 ea. bell peppers, thinly sliced (such as green, red, and yellow bell peppers)
- 1 lb. thin cut steak, sliced
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1 ea. onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar or other shredded cheese
- 2 T. vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Mix mashed avocado, sour cream and lime juice in blender until creamy and well mixed. Put in fridge to chill.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, then add peppers and onions and cook until soft.
- Add steak to pan and cook thoroughly, until desired doneness. Once cooked, remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for 30 seconds or until pliable.
- Add small portion of steak, peppers and onions to warm tortilla and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil on medium heat. With tongs, pick up rolled tortillas and carefully set into skillet. Cook until crispy.
- Plate taquitos and evenly sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Serve with avocado cream.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!