- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1-1/2 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 t. dijon mustard
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1/8 t. sugar
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 oz. arugula, stems removed
- 1 c. Parmigiano-Reggiano, thin shavings (about 2 oz.)
- 1/4 c. red onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 t. capers
- Thinly sliced radishes (optional) to serve
- Prepare Vinaigrette: Whisk oil with lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- On four salad plates, fan out avocado slices, dividing evenly; place a mound of arugula behind each avocado fan.
- Drizzle each with some the vinaigrette; top with shaved cheese and a sprinkling of onion and capers.
- Garnish with radish slices, if desired.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!