Made with brown rice, plant-based protein from beans and plenty of vegetables, including corn, avocados, red onion, lettuce and tomatoes, this Buddha bowl is a satisfying salad meal. Topped with cheese, cilantro and hot sauce and a dash of lime, this is a colorful and nutritious treat for lunch or dinner.
- 1 c. cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 t. olive oil
- 1/2 c. red onion, diced
- 1 c. reduced-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ea. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 c. corn
- 1 c. shredded lettuce
- 1/2 c. reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. cilantro
- 2 T. Sriracha or hot sauce, as desired
- 1 ea. lime, quartered
- Cook rice or quinoa according to package directions.
- In a small pot, add oil and diced onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until translucent. Add beans and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- To serve: Create a section in the bowl for each ingredient. Start with the cooked rice. Then add the seasoned black beans and onions next to rice, followed by tomatoes, avocados, corn, lettuce, and cheese. Top with cilantro and hot sauce, as desired. Serve with fresh lime slices.
- Serving suggestions: Top with a drizzle of hot sauce; diced green chiles; or season with salt-free taco seasoning, as desired.