- 2-3 ea. prosciutto; slices; shredded
- 1 ea. pre-made pie crust
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, sliced
- 1 ea. small egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 T. lemon zest
- 1 T. all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the flour on a cutting board or clean dry work surface and place store-bought pie crust on top it.
- Spread the crumbled goat cheese across the pie crust, leaving a 1-inch margin free on the outer rim.
- Arrange the slices of avocado in a fan or sun-ray shape on top the goat cheese.
- Place the shredded prosciutto on top of the avocado.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest on top of the crostata. Fold the remaining 1-inch edge free of toppings over toward the filling, crimping the edges as you go along.
- Brush the crostata's crimped edges with the egg and cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is crispy and golden. The crostata can be baked on a cookie sheet or on a pizza stone. If cookie sheet is used, dust it with a bit of cornmeal and if pizza stone is used, let it warm in the oven first.