- 5 ea. Avocados From Mexico, peeled and pitted
- 1 ea. lemon, juiced
- 1/2 c. white onion, finely chopped
- 1 c. tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb. bacon, fried
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare avocado. Place the avocados and lemon juice in a bowl and mash with a fork. When you have a creamy texture, add the onion, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Prepare bacon. Cut the bacon into squares with scissors and put it in a hot skillet and cook over heat medium for 15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate to drain excess fat and let cool.
- Prepare guacamole. Add the bacon, garlic powder, pepper, salt to the guacamole and mix well.
- To serve, put guacamole in bowl and serve with tortilla chips or crackers (optional).
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!