- 1 t. sea salt, divided
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/4 t. ground red pepper
- 1 olive oil
- 4 ea. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 6 each)
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 1 ea. tomato, chopped
- 1/2 ea. cucumber, diced
- 1/4 c. diced red onion
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 T. lime juice
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, the cumin and pepper; rub on chicken.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook, turning occasionally, until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, cucumber, onion, cilantro and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Serve over cumin rubbed chicken with whole grain couscous or rice, if desired.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!