- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce
- 1/2 pound tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1/4 medium white onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons Mexican crema or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup either chopped Roma tomato or pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Place tomatillos, onion and garlic in a medium saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Let cool. Empty into a food processor or blender. Add TABASCO® Sauce, salt, lime juice, avocados and crema. Puree until smooth. Stir in cilantro. To add color, sprinkle with chopped tomato or pomegranate seeds.
- A great topping for almost anything! Spoon onto warmed tortillas filled with Grilled Skirt Steak & Chipotle Onions or Chipotle Brined Chicken Tinga. For a vegetarian option, fill a tortilla with Chipotle Pinto Beans and top with Guacamolillo.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!