Zoodles with shredded chicken, corn, tomatoes, black beans, cheese, avocado and crunchy tortilla strips mixed with Avocado Taco Sauce puts the south in southwestern! This Mexican-flared pasta dish is light and flavorful!
- For the Chicken:
- 8 c. Water
- 1 lb. Chicken breasts, uncooked
- To taste, Salt and pepper
- For the Southwestern Zoodles:
- 12 c. Zoodles, frozen
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1 c. Yellow corn, cooked
- 1 c. Tomatoes, diced
- 1 c. Black beans, cooked
- 1 c. Tri-colored tortilla strips
- 1/2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- To garnish, Cilantro, chopped
- For the Avocado Taco Sauce:
- 4 oz. Cream cheese, melted
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1 ea. Packet of taco seasoning, reduced sodium
- 1/2 c. Milk, 2%
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add chicken breasts. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow chicken to thoroughly cook (approximately 15 minutes).
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a large bowl. Using two forks, shred the chicken apart and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large wok on medium-high heat, add zoodles, cover with a lid, and cook for approximately 10 minutes. Drain the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, add cream cheese, milk, avocado and taco seasoning. Whisk until smooth to form the avocado taco crema sauce.
- In large bowls, evenly distribute zoodles and avocado taco crema sauce. Stir until well combined and then evenly distribute corn, tomatoes, black beans, chicken, cheese, tortilla strips, avocado and garnish with cilantro.