Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 1/4 c. Mexican cream
- 2 t. adobo sauce (from canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce)
- 1 t. butter, unsalted
- 3-4 ea. slices of ham, diced
- 4 ea. large eggs, beaten
- Salt to taste
- 6 ea. flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 1/4 c. Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl, mix together the Mexican cream and adobo sauce until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add ham and cook for 2 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low and pour in the beaten eggs; cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and add cheese; allow to melt.
- To assemble, place 2-3 tablespoons of the ham and cheese scramble in the center of the flour tortilla; top with avocado slices and roll tightly into a burrito. Serve with chipotle crema.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!