Layered with mashed avocado, barbacoa, sauteed peppers and cheese, this quesadilla boasts of all kinds of flavor! Serve with a green salad or traditional chips and salsa for a delicious meal!
- -1 For the Barbacoa:
- 1 lb. Beef brisket, uncooked
- 1 c. Beef broth
- 1/4 ea. Red onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 ea. Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. Cilantro, chopped
- 1 ea. Lime, juiced
- 1-1/2 T. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 ea. Chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1 ea. Bay leaf
- To taste, Salt
- -1 For the Quesadilla:
- 4 ea. Large flour tortillas
- 2 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 2 ea. Bell pepper (red and green), sliced
- 1 c. Queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 ea. Onion, sliced
- 1 T. Avocado oil
- As needed, Cooking spray
- For the barbacoa: In a large crockpot, add beef brisket, beef broth, red onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, chipotle in adobo and bay leaf. Cook on low heat for approximately 8 hours or until the beef can easily pull apart and salt to taste.
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, warm avocado oil and add onion and bell peppers. Sautee for approximately 10 minutes while stirring constantly.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add cooking spray and a tortilla.
- Evenly spread one half of the tortilla with avocado and evenly distribute barbacoa, onion and bell pepper mixture, mozzarella cheese and queso fresco.
- Fold the half of tortilla with no ingredients over the other half to form the quesadilla. Cook approximately 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cheese is melted. Repeat this step until there are no remaining ingredients.
- Transfer the quesadilla to a large plate and cut into four slices for serving.