Homemade Ahi-Avocado Poke Tostadas
This ahi-avocado poke tostada fusion recipe offers exotic flavors hailing from oceans apart: creamy Avocados From Mexico and fresh ahi tuna poke from the Pacific. Together, they’re an unstoppable force of flavor, and they taste like an island getaway.
Related: Fan of Pacific cuisine? Try our irresistible recipe for Spam musubi with avocado.
Ahi-Avocado Poke Tostada Recipe
- 4 oz. sushi-grade ahi tuna
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions
- 1/4 T. sesame oil
- 1/4 T. toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 jalapeño, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 T. finely crushed macadamia nuts
- 3 c. shredded cabbage
- 1 T. rice wine vinegar
- 2 t. honey
- 3 T. roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe Avocado From Mexico, sliced
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1 T. avocado oil
- Toasted sesame seeds (to taste)
- Sriracha whisked with mayonnaise (to taste)
How to Make Ahi-Avocado Poke Tostada:
- Prepare the poke. Using a sharp knife, cut ahi tuna against the grain into 1/2-inch pieces. Combine ahi tuna, soy sauce, sesame oil, green onion, toasted sesame seeds, jalapeño, and macadamia nut grounds in a plastic bag or medium glass bowl. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Make the slaw. In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded cabbage with rice wine vinegar, honey, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Bake the tostada. Preheat the oven to 500F. Brush both sides of tortillas with avocado oil and set on a foil-lined baking sheet without overlapping. Set a timer for 5 minutes and continually check to see when the tortillas become crispy and golden. Allow to cool.
- Add toppings. Break out your ripe Avocado From Mexico. Carefully cut, lengthwise, around the pit. Twist the halves apart. Remove the pit and slice the avocado inside the skin. Scoop out the creamy, delicious avocado inside and smush onto the tortillas using a fork. Layer with slaw, ahi tuna, toasted sesame seeds, and a drizzle of spicy sriracha mayo.
Tuna poke and avocado are a dynamic flavor duo, and we love seeing them together. Try this tuna poke parfait with avocado wasabi crema next. Or if guac is more your scene, this tuna poke miso guacamole is for you. Fact is, we’ve got avocado recipes for all manners of taste. Feel free to poke around!
Want even more avocado info? Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.