This unique take on a tortellini recipe will make your mouth water! Adding Avocados From Mexico to a pesto creates the perfect creamy texture as a topping that will leave you wanting more!
- 6 c. Water
- 2 c. Cheese filled tortellini, uncooked
- 1 c. Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c. Basil, fresh
- 8 ea. Wooden skewers
- Avocado Pesto
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/2 c. Basil
- 1/4 c. Pistachios, no shells
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 2 T. Avocado oil
- 1/2 T. Lemon juice
- 1/2 T. Garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium pot, add water and bring to a boil. Add tortellini, and boil until cooked (approximately 7 minutes). Drain the excess water.
- For the avocado pesto: In a large food processor, add avocado, basil, pistachios, parmesan cheese, avocado oil, lemon juice and garlic and blend until well mixed. Salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, add the tortellini and stir in the avocado pesto until well combined.
- On a large plate, skewer the tortellini, tomato, and basil in order of choice until there are no remaining ingredients.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!