Take Pasta Night at your house to the next level! Avocados and Parmesan cheese give this delicious dish a twist! Made with mushrooms, onions and topped with salmon, this pasta dish will make your mouth water!
- For the Salmon:
- 1 lb. Salmon, uncooked
- 2 t. Parsley, dried
- 1 t. Avocado oil
- 1/2 t. Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 t. Smoked paprika
- 1/2 t. Garlic powder
- For the Avocado Creamy Mushroom Pasta:
- 8 c. Water
- 8 oz. Bucatini, uncooked
- 2 c. Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1/2 c. Yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c. Butter, salted
- 2 T. Avocado oil
- 1 T. White wine
- 4 ea. Cloves of garlic, minced
- To taste, Garlic salt
- To garnish, Crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF degrees.
- On a baking sheet, prepared with cooking spray, place the salmon skin down and evenly distribute with avocado oil, parsley, crushed red pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- In a large pot on high heat, bring water to a boil and add bucatini. Reduce water to a simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once thoroughly cooked, remove from heat and drain noodles.
- In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, warm avocado oil and add onion, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until translucent, approximately 10 minutes, while constantly stirring.
- Add butter, white wine, parmesan and avocado and stir until melted, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked bucatini to the sauce and stir until well combined and season with garlic salt to taste to make the avocado creamy mushroom pasta.
- In four bowls, evenly distribute the creamy mushroom pasta and top with salmon.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!