Mexican-Indian Fusion: Slow Cooker Chicken Avocado Curry
When combining the cuisines of different cultures, exciting new flavors await you at every turn. Avocados From Mexico and chicken curry might be one combination you weren’t expecting, but we’re serious when we say avocado is delicious with everything.
Slow Cooker Chicken Avocado Curry (Serves 4)
Avocado Curry Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 c. Mexican rice blend
- 14 oz. (about 1 can) coconut milk
- 2 Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 jalapeños, sliced thin
- Cilantro, chopped rough
- Tortilla chips
Pro Tip: Learn how to cut, slice, and dice an avocado like a pro.
How to Make Avocado Curry:
- Chop your chicken into bite-size cubes and add to slow cooker with coconut milk, red curry paste, and chopped onion.
- Set the slow cooker on low and let cook for 4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before mealtime, cook Mexican rice by following directions on the package.
- Distribute the cooked rice evenly between four bowls and top with chicken. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken from the slow cooker while leaving the sauce.
- Ladle the sauce out of the slow cooker and into a blender. Add half of your diced avocado to the blender and pulse until you’ve achieved a smooth, even sauce. If you’re having trouble getting it to blend, you can add a bit of coconut milk or water, but be careful to not add too much. You’ll end up with a thin sauce — thick, rich, and creamy is what we’re going for.
- Pour the blended avocado curry sauce over each bowl.
- Top each bowl with chopped cilantro, sliced jalapeños, diced avocado, and crushed tortilla chips.
Chef notes: Try pairing your avocado curry with Indian guacamole. Serve it with your meal on naan bread for a delicious twist!
With both Mexican and Indian cuisines known for hearty helpings of spice and flavor, this chicken avocado curry is a scrumptious fusion of both. And with the aid of a slow cooker, it’s a convenient meal to prepare.
Related: Discover more culinary breakthroughs on our blog, such as our avocado ramen recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe, have we got a treat for you! We’ve got all kinds of avocado recipes for you to explore, from guacamoles and salads to tacos and desserts.
Want even more avocado info?
Provide your email address to download a free recipe e-book.