- 20 ea. medium shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 4 ea. flat tostada shells
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 2 ea. green onions, finely chopped
- 2 ea. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 ea. lime, juiced, divided
- 3 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 T. cilantro, chopped, plus more with garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with a fork. Add green onions, juice from 1/2 lime, 2 tablespoons olive oil, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and cook the shrimp until they are pink, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add juice from other half of the lime, chipotle chiles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Evenly distribute guacamole mixture between each of the 4 tostadas. Add 5 shrimp to each tostada garnish with cilantro and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!