Smoky paprika, cumin and chili powder will have your mouth watering for these pan seared fish tacos! Topped with a sweet and savory salsa made from avocado, jalapeño, mango, onion and cilantro, takes this dish to a whole new flavor level! A fresh and delicious way to feed your friends and family! Beyond being delicious, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is sodium and cholesterol free, and contributes nearly 20 nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber and phytonutrients.
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, diced
- 1/2 ea. jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 c. mango, diced
- 1/4 c. red onion, finely chopped
- 3 T. olive oil, divided
- 2 T. cilantro, chopped
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ea. white fish fillets (e.g. tilapia, cod or other white fish)
- 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ea. corn tortillas
- For the salsa, combine avocado, jalapeño, mango, onion, 2 tablespoons oil, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small mixing bowl mix paprika, cumin, chili, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture over the fish fillets.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the remaining oil and cook the fish two minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- To serve: warm the tortillas on a griddle. Place 2 tablespoons of salsa in each and top with pieces of fish.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!