Chicken quesadillas go from good to great when you cook avocado in the mixture! Tossed in cumin, olive oil and lime juice, chicken and avocado layer with cheese to create a crispy, delicious quesadilla! Great for a party, quick lunch or pair with a veggie for a tasty dinner! Beyond adding delicious flavor, the avocado featured in this recipe also adds nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a healthy choice to help meet nutrient needs.
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced into 1" cubes
- 2 c. cooked chicken, diced
- 4 ea. flour tortillas (7" to 8")
- 1/4 c. Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Salsa (optional) to serve
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, lime juice, and cumin.
- Add chicken and avocado and toss gently until well coated.
- Lay tortillas on a baking sheet; brush both sides with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Spoon chicken and avocado mixture on each tortilla, dividing evenly. Top with cheese.
- Fold tortillas in half to cover filling.
- Bake until tortillas are crisp, about 8 minutes.
- If desired, serve with salsa.