Looking for a delicious and simple meal? These enfrijoladas start with puréed black beans and turn the taste up when they are cooked in a warm tortilla and drizzled with crema and sprinkled with queso fresco, avocado and chipotle chiles! Plus, the fresh avocado featured in this recipe is a heart-healthy fruit that provides naturally good fats, is low in saturated fat, is cholesterol-free and sodium-free.
- 4 c. black beans
- 16 ea. 5-inch corn tortillas
- 1 c. Mexican crema
- 1 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & sliced
- 2 ea. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, drained & finely chopped
- In a blender, add the beans and blend until smooth.
- Warm the beans in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add water to loosen if needed.
- Heat a skillet or griddle pan over medium heat. Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side.
- Dip the warm tortilla in the bean purée at a time. Place on a serving dish folded in half. Drizzle with crema, sprinkle with queso fresco, and top with avocado and chipotle chiles.