- 4 ea. eggs, large
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 8 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, large
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8x8-inch cake pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until bubbly and fluffy.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 15 seconds increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- With mixer running, add chocolate to egg mixture. Fold in cocoa, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Mash avocados in separate bowl until very smooth. Add to batter and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes, or until toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing.
- *Recipe nutrition analysis does not include nuts
- Source: Produce for Kids www.produceforkids.com
Brownies are described as square or rectangular chocolate baked treats. These dark chocolate avocado brownies are so much more than that! Rich chocolate flavors pair well with creamy avocados in this delicious dessert that you won’t be able to put down.
Question: How long do brownies last?
Brownies will last 3 to 4 days in an airtight container at room temperature. We recommend storing your brownies in the fridge, as they will safely keep up to 7 days at a cooler temperature. According to the USDA’s Food Saftey and Inspection Service, the temperature in a refrigerator should be 40 °F for safe food storage.
How to tell if brownies are done?
Stick a toothpick into the center of your brownie. If it comes out clean, your brownies are done. If the toothpick comes out with bits and pieces of batter, bake them a few additional minutes and use a new toothpick to test again. Repeat this process until the toothpick comes out clean.
How do you store brownies?
We recommend storing brownies in an airtight container. To keep them fresh, pop them in the fridge for up to seven days.
Who invented brownies?
The exact origins of brownies are debated. Many believe that brownies trace back to 20th century Boston. It’s thought that a woman named Fanny Farmer was the first to create a recipe for brownies. She added this recipe to her cookbook titled “Boston Cooking-School Cookbook” in 1896. Others believe that brownies trace back to Chicago in 1893, and were invented by Bertha Palmer at the Palmer House Hotel in Chicago.
How long can brownies sit out?
We recommend storing brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 to 4 days. They last longer when kept in the fridge. In the fridge, they can last up to 7 days.