- 1 ea. medium Avocado From Mexico, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 1/8 t. ground cloves
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 ea. egg
- 3/4 c. low fat milk
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cupcake tins with paper liners or use silicone nonstick baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients –flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and salt. Set aside.
- Using a food processor or blender, add avocado, pumpkin, egg, and milk and mix together until combined.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients in a bowl and stir until batter is moistened. Fold in cranberries and nuts, as desired.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until batter is just moistened. It should be lumpy. Pour batter into muffin tins. Bake 18-20 minutes for large muffins or 10-15 minutes for mini muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with apple or pumpkin butter.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!