Add some green to your party with these Sweet & Crispy Avo-Brussels! Mixed with bacon and honey and served with a creamy dip made with Avocados From Mexico, this appetizer will have all your guests longing for more! These can also serve as a side dish for a weeknight dinner.
- 4 c. Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 4 c. Vegetable oil
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, cubed
- 3 ea. Slices of bacon, crumbled
- 1 T. Honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 2 T. Mascarpone cheese
- 1 T. Honey
- Preheat oven to 425ºF degrees.
- In a medium pot, heat vegetable oil. Test the temperature of the oil by dropping a Brussels sprout leaf into the pot. If the Brussels sprout lightly boils it is ready.
- Carefully transfer the Brussels sprouts into the pot. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oil onto a paper towel-lined. Allow a couple of minutes for the excess oil to absorb into the paper towel.
- On a sheet pan covered in foil, evenly distribute Brussels sprouts. Cook in the oven for approximately 5 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- For the dip: In a small bowl, combine the avocado, mascarpone cheese, honey and whip until smooth and creamy.
- Once cooked, remove the Brussels sprouts from heat and let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- On a large plate, spread the avocado dip, then cover with brussels sprouts.
- Top the brussels sprouts with cubed avocado, bacon and salt and pepper to taste. Finally, drizzle with honey.