Let this guacamole take your salad up a notch! Layered with tomato, bacon, egg and blue cheese and served in a lettuce bowl, this guac provides fresh and satisfying flavor. Serve with lettuce cups or crunchy tortilla chips!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 5 ea. Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1/2 c. Tomato, diced
- 1/2 c. Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ea. Large hard boiled egg, chopped
- 2 T. Blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 t. Lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- In a small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon juice.
- Add tomato, bacon, egg and blue cheese to guacamole mixture and salt to taste.
- Place lettuce leaves to form a “boat”, and fill with guacamole mixture.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!