This Avocado Sunbelt Salad is an upscale chef salad! Loaded with roasted turkey, ham, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, avocado, hard-boiled egg, homemade croutons and avocado ranch dressing, you are sure to enjoy every bite!
- For the Salad:
- 16 c. Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 ea. Slices of bacon, crumbled
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 2 c. Ham, diced
- 2 c. Turkey, diced
- 1 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c. Tomatoes, diced
- 4 ea. Hardboiled egg, halved
- 4 t. Sunflower seeds
- For the Croutons:
- 1/8 ea. Loaf of French bread, cubed
- 1 T. Avocado oil
- To taste, Salt
- For the Avocado Ranch:
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1/2 c. Milk, 2%
- 1/2 ea. Ranch dressing seasoning packet
- 1/2 t. Lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375ºF degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss French bread cubes, avocado oil and salt to taste.
- On a sheet pan covered in foil, evenly distribute French bread cubes. Cook for approximately 18 minutes, or until crispy to make croutons. Once cooked, remove the croutons from heat and let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a blender, add the avocado, milk, ranch dressing seasoning and lime juice. Blend until well combined to make avocado ranch.
- Distribute the romaine lettuce into separate bowls.
- Evenly top the romaine lettuce with the bacon, avocado, ham, turkey, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, croutons, egg, sunflower seeds and avocado ranch.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!