- 2 ea. naan bread
- 2 ea. eggs, fried
- 1 ea. Avocados From Mexico
- 1 ea. tomato, diced
- 1 ea. medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 ea. chopped jalapeño (optional)
- 1 ea. garlic clove, minced
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1/2 t. fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 t. garam masala
- 1/4 t. cumin, ground
- 1/4 t. cilantro seed, ground
- 1/8 t. salt
- Hot sauce to taste
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium. Add sliced shallots, stir and cook for approximately 1 minute, or until softened.
- Add minced garlic and stir. If using jalapeño, add it now.
- Add salt, garam masala, cumin, cilantro seed and ginger. Stir and continue frying until the shallots get nice and golden.
- Once golden and a little crisp, take shallot mixture off heat.
- In a bowl, cut an avocado in half and scoop out flesh of fruit into bowl. Season with salt and lemon juice, and mix. Mash avocado with a fork to a chunky texture.
- Take slightly cooled shallot mixture, add to avocado, and stir until combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a different skillet. Once hot, fry each egg until desired consistency.
- Take each naan bread, warm slightly in oven. Once toasted, evenly distribute avocado mixture on top. Then add a fried egg to each naan bread.
- Evenly distribute chopped tomato on each pizza.
- Drizzle hot sauce (optional) on top and serve.
Pizza for breakfast!? You can’t go wrong with this naan breakfast pizza recipe featuring delicious Avocados From Mexico, eggs, tomato, and so much more. Pair it with this matcha avocado smoothie that’s made with matcha powder, frozen bananas, avocado, milk, yogurt, and honey!
What is naan?
If you’re looking for a dictionary definition, naan is a leavened, often tear-shaped flatbread of India, baked in a tandoor. If you’re looking for our definition, naan is tasty bread that's best served warm and serves as the perfect platform for all types of toppings, especially fresh Avocados From Mexico!
How do you reheat naan bread?
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Next, place a sheet of foil down on a baking sheet, or lightly oil the baking sheet if you want your naan to have a crispy texture. Before sticking your naan in the oven, sprinkle a little bit of water on top of it (this prevents it from drying out). Lastly, place the baking sheet with your naan in the middle of your oven for about 2 minutes.
How do you serve naan bread?
Naan bread can be served so many ways. Whether you top your naan with breakfast ingredients and fresh avocado or top it with guacamole and bacon, it won’t disappoint. Naan bread is best served warm, so don’t wait too long before diving in!
What is naan pizza?
Naan pizza is simply naan bread that’s topped with pizza toppings like tomato sauce and cheese. Our version of naan pizza is breakfast friendly as it’s topped with all your favorite breakfast toppings like eggs, avocado, tomatoes, and more!