Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 T. dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 t. white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 t. honey, or to taste
- 1/4 t. kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- 16 ea. salami slices
- 8 ea. provolone, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella cheese slices, cut in half
- 1 ea. red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted, meat scooped out, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 16 ea. bamboo skewers
- To make the dipping sauce, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, honey, and salt in a mixing bowl and combine well.
- To assemble skewers, fold a salami slice and insert onto a skewer, follow with half of a slice of cheese folded in half, a piece of avocado, and end with the bell pepper.
- Place all the skewers on a platter and serve alongside the dipping sauce.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!