- 2 ea. ripe Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey, cooked
- 1 T. taco seasoning packet, 40% reduced sodium (or combine paprika, chipotle, cumin, garlic powder)
- 6 c. romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 c. shredded American cheese
- 1/2 c. non-fat sour cream
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1-15 oz. can low sodium black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1-12 oz. can corn, drained
- 2 c. corn tortilla chips, gently crushed (added to salad)
- 1/2 c. lite thousand island dressing
- Prepare cooked taco meat according to package directions.
- Prior to serving, to create a colorful display, layer your salad ingredients.
- Start with salad greens on the bottom and place cooked meat in the center. Layer ingredients one by one next to each other.
- When you’re ready to serve, blend ingredients together with salad dressing and tortilla chips.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!