Wrapped in a cheesy tortilla, Chicken Enchilada Guac is a flavorful twist on your favorite Mexican food dish! With chicken and pieces of tortillas stirred into creamy avocado, this dip will have your mouth watering for more!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 1 ea. Flour tortilla, 6-inch
- 1/2 c. Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 T. Enchilada sauce
- 1 t. Lemon juice
- 1 t. Taco seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Sour cream, to garnish
- On a medium microwave-safe plate, add tortilla and evenly distribute cheese to the edge.
- Heat tortilla in microwave until cheese is melted, approximately 25 seconds.
- Once cheese is melted, cut tortilla in half vertically. Then cut tortilla vertically again, approximately 2–2.5 inches from center. Repeat on the other side. Then cut remaining edges of tortilla in 2-inch strips. The result should be two identical long vertical tortilla pieces, approximately 2–2.5 inches in width, and small 2-inch strips of tortilla.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados and stir in lemon juice. Salt to taste.
- Add chicken and taco seasoning to guacamole mixture and stir until well combined. Then stir in 2-inch tortilla strips.
- In a bowl, push guacamole to center, leaving room around it on all sides.
- Take one long strip of tortilla and wrap it horizontally around half the guacamole, cheese side facing in. Then take the remaining long strip of tortilla and wrap it around the other side of guacamole, cheese side facing in. Note that ends of tortilla may overlap.
- Drizzle guacamole will enchilada sauce. Garnish with dollop of sour cream and cilantro.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!