Recipe by Pati Jinich
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 2 ea. whole cloves
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1 ea. stick of ceylon cinnamon or canela, 3" to 4"
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 t. grated nutmeg
- 1/8 t. salt
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk and the sugar over medium heat. Let it come to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Place the diced avocados in a blender with the fresh squeezed lime juice, cloves, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, salt and the cooled coconut milk. Puree until completely smooth.
- Pour the avocado mix into the popsicle molds, place in the freezer and chill until the popsicles are completely frozen, about 4 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and let them thaw for a few minutes before removing from the molds.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!