- 6 ea. slices 100% whole grain bread
- 2 c. roasted chicken, diced
- 1/2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1/2 ea. apple
- 1/3 c. walnut pieces
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 1 t. dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, combine roasted chicken, mayonnaise and dijon mustard. Stir until combined. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir avocado, apple and walnuts into chicken salad.
- Toast bread. Once toasted, evenly distribute the chicken avocado salad filling onto 3 slices of bread. Cover each a slice of toasted bread. Put each sandwich on a plate and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!