- 1/2 c. bsil
- 1/4 c. pecans
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 6 T. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 1 ea. lemon, juiced
- 1/2 ea. onion, finely chopped
- Combine the basil, pecans, garlic, and olive oil in a blender or food processor. Pulse until ingredients are minced. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados to desired consistency.
- Fold in lemon juice, onions, and pesto until well combined.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!