Flavorful, colorful and delicious is this tartare! Made with sweet pear, nutrient-rich beets, tuna, sesame seeds, arugula, tobiko and more, this dish is a tasty twist on a basi tartare! Use tortilla chips, crackers or raw veggies, scoop and enjoy! Plus, the healthy avocado featured in this recipe is a good source of fiber (11% of the DV) and is a great way to add variety to your diet.
- 4 oz. sushi grade tuna, 1/8-inch diced
- 1 ea. medium beet, cooked, peeled, & 1/8-inch diced
- 1/2 c. Asian pear, 1/8-inch diced
- 1/4 c. Daikon radish, 1/8-inch diced
- 1/4 c. chives, minced
- 2 t. olive oil
- 2 t. soy sauce
- 1 t. sesame oil
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1/4 t. hot sauce
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, pitted, peeled, & 1/4-inch diced
- 2 T. mayonnaise
- 1 T. tobiko (flying fish roe)
- 1-1/2 c. arugula
- 1 T. sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the tuna, beets, pears, radishes, chives, olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, pepper, and hot sauce until well combined.
- In a small bowl gently mix together the avocado, mayonnaise, and tobiko.
- Cover both bowls and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide the tuna and beet tartare onto 6 individual serving dishes using a 3-inch circular ring mold.
- Top each tartare with the avocado mixture. Garnish with arugula and sesame seeds.