Made sweet with brown sugar-glazed pear,s crunchy with candied pecans and tangy with honey goat cheese, this guac can be served with chips, crostinis, pita bread or is the perfect topper for a salad!
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, cubed
- 1 ea. Pear, diced
- 1/2 c. Honey goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c. Candied pecans, chopped
- 1 T. Lime juice
- 1 t. Avocado oil
- 1 t. Brown sugar
- Salt, to taste
- In a small sauté pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add pear and brown sugar, stir well and cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, slice avocados into cubes and stir in lemon juice. Salt to taste.
- Add pear, honey goat cheese and pecans to guacamole mixture and gently stir until well combined.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!