- Parsley Oil:
- 1 ea. bunch curly parsley, plucked, stems discarded
- 1 c. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Red Pepper Coulis
- 2 c. prepared roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- Avocado Filling:
- 20 ea. large hardboiled eggs
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 3 T. dijon mustard
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. chipotle powder
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- 1 T. parsley oil (recipe included)
- 1/2 ea. red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 T. finely chopped cilantro
- For Parsley Oil: In large pot of salted water, blanch parsley for 10 seconds. Drain parsley in colander. Immediately transfer parsley to bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and pat parsley dry. In blender, whirl parsley with olive oil until smooth. Strain through cheesecloth or Chinois.
- For Red Pepper Coulis: Drain roasted peppers and pat dry with paper towel. In blender, puree peppers with oil. Pass through Chinois, adding additional oil as needed to achieve consistency of stirred yogurt.
- For Avocado Filling: Peel, halve, and separate yolks from whites of hardboiled eggs. In a food processor, pulse yolks until finely chopped (do not over-process). Add avocados, mustard, salt, chipotle powder, and ground black pepper, pulsing until mixture is smooth. Add 1 tablespoon parsley oil for enhanced green color and flavor, or more as desired. Transfer filling to plastic pastry bag fitted with tip and squeeze out all air. If not using immediately, refrigerate filling for up to 4 hours.
- To Serve: Pipe avocado filling into egg white halves. Garnish filled eggs three ways: sprinkled with crumbled oven-crisped prosciutto; with diced red pepper; or with crabmeat lightly chopped and tossed with minced cilantro, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Garnish plate (optional) with drizzles of parsley oil and red pepper coulis.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!