- 2 ea. apples, peeled, cored, & diced
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 2 ea. fresh chiles, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. sage, finely chopped
- 1 T. tamarind paste
- 1 t. ground chipotle
- 1 ea. lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add sugar and stir until sugar is completely melted. Add in 1 apple. Sauté until apples are tender and brown. Remove from heat and fold in remaining apple. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados to desired consistency.
- Fold in chiles, sage, tamarind, ground chipotle, lime juice, and caramelized apples. Season with salt and pepper.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!