- 1 ea. ready to bake pizza crust
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 t. smoked sea salt
- 1/2 t. cracked black pepper
- 3 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, & peeled
- 2 ea. shallots, finely chopped
- 1 ea. medium red onion, small dice
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 ea. garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. pickled jalapeño, minced
- 2 ea. limes, zested & juiced
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. cayenne pepper
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. duck confit, shredded
- 1 c. cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c. brandied cherries, halved
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 9x13 sheet pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Unroll pizza crust and stretch to fill the pan. Dock pizza crust with fork.
- Rub crust with remaining oil and sprinkle with smoked sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crust is golden brown and cooked through. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados until smooth.
- Fold in shallots, tomatoes, garlic, jalapeños, lime juice, lime zest, cumin, cayenne, salt, and duck until well combined.
- Spread avocado mixture over pizza crust. Top with cheese and cherries.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!