- 2 ea. large bell peppers
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1/4 t. salt
- 14 ea. medium shrimp, cooked, split lengthwise (about 12 oz.)
- 1/3 c. prepared salsa
- Cut bell peppers into 1” squares, about 28 total. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado with lime juice and salt and mash until mixture is chunky-smooth.
- In another small bowl, combine shrimp and salsa. Arrange pepper squares on work surface, skin side down.
- Spoon avocado mixture on squares, dividing evenly; top each with half a shrimp and a cilantro leaf, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!