- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, cubed
- 8 Mini skewer sticks
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves, stacked, one leaf per skewer
- 16 Cherry (or grape) tomatoes, 2 tomatoes per skewer
- 2 oz. Reduced fat feta cheese packed in brine, crumbled
- 16 slices English cucumber, 1/4 inch thick round slices (two per skewer)
- 8 Kalamata olives, 1 olive per skewer
- Avocado Mediterranean Greek Dressing
- 1/2 Avocado From Mexico, peeled and pitted
- 1 T. Lemon juice, squeezed
- 1 1/2 T. Red wine vinegar
- 1 T. Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Avocado oil
- 1/4 c. Water
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- Salad instructions: 1. Assemble each skewer (order optional): tomato, cucumber slices, romaine lettuce, olives, and avocados. Repeat for each skewer. 2. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with feta cheese on top before serving.
- Dressing instructions: Prepare salad dressing by combining all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Refrigerate any remaining dressing for next use.
DISCLAIMER: While many factors affect heart disease, eating avocados as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk.
DISCLAIMER FOR LOGO USE/ AHA Disclaimer: Avocados From Mexico are certified by the American Heart Association®. Certification does not apply to serving suggestions or recipes.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!