- For Shrimp Tacos
- 1-1/2 lb. raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 8 ea. minced cloves garlic
- 1 ea. medium dried ancho chile, rehydrated, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 c. tequila of your choice
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- 4 T. salted butter, cubed
- 12 ea. corn tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For Avocado Salsa
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 ea. jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ea. lemon, zested
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 c. finely chopped red onion
- 2 T. finely chopped cilantro
- Marinate shrimp in olive oil for approximately 15 minutes before cooking. Season with salt. In a large skillet sauté the shrimp over high heat for 1 minute. Then add the chile and garlic and sauté for another minute. Add lemon juice and tequila and let it cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes more over low heat. Then add the cubes of butter, add salt and pepper to taste and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- In a bowl, make the salsa. Combine avocados, lemon juice, lemon zest, cilantro, onion, jalapeño chili and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare tacos. Divide shrimp mixture among corn tortillas, top with avocado salsa, and serve.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!