- 1 T. canola or avocado oil
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 ea. medium peaches, peeled, halved, pitted, and chopped
- 2 ea. Avocados From Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 c. diced red or green bell pepper
- 1/4 c. minced red onion,
- 1 T. chopped cilantro
- 1 t. minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- 1 t. salt, divided
- 1/4 t. freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ea. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
- For relish, in medium mixing bowl, whisk oil and lime juice together. Add peaches, avocado, bell peppers, onions, cilantro, and jalapeño, mixing gently to combine. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Prepare relish at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours before serving, to allow the flavors to fully meld.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For chicken, in a baking dish just large enough to hold breasts in one layer, combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and olive oil. Brush each chicken breast with seasoned oil, coating it liberally, then place in the baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is white in the center at the thickest point and registers 160°F. on an instant-read thermometer.
- To serve, spoon Avocado Peach Relish over the baked chicken and serve.