- 1/4 cup Avocado Chimichurri recipe follows
- 1 1/2 cups purple potatoes roasted
- 4 each broccoli rabe bunches grilled
- 1 each chicken leg quarter roasted or grilled
- optional garnish:
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chives minced
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups parsley leaves lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups mint leaves lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 2 cups Avocados From Mexico small dice
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spread avocado chimichurri on serving plate; top with potatoes, broccoli rabe and chicken.
- Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and minced chives, if desired.
- Chimichurri Directions:
- In a blender or food processor, process herb leaves and oil until all leaves are roughly chopped.
- Transfer mix to bowl; fold in avocado, vinegar, red pepper, black pepper and salt.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!