Made with sweet sugar, creamy avocado, a splash of vanilla, cocoa and milk, these avocado chocolate cupcakes are a crowd pleaser! Rich in flavor, whip these up for your next birthday party or house party as a sweet avo-treat! Beyond adding delicious flavor, the avocado featured in this recipe also adds nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a healthy choice to help meet nutrient needs.
- 2 ea. large eggs
- 1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 T. Avocados From Mexico, mashed
- 2 T. cajeta (Mexican caramel sauce)
- 1 T. unsalted sweet butter, at room temperature
- 2 t. baking powder
- 3/4 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/8 t. salt
- Powdered sugar for garnish to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with paper or foil liners, and set aside.
- Sift into a bowl the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use hand-held mixer on medium-high speed to cream together the butter, avocado and sugar until they are light and fluffy, 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, and the vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add the flour mixture in 3 additions alternating with the milk and ending with flour.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling the cups three-quarters full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Unmold cupcakes and cool completely on a wire rack.