- 1 c. pomegranate arils (from 1 pomegranate)
- 1 T. fresh mint, chopped
- 2 t. lime juice, divided
- 1 ea. Avocado From Mexico, mashed
- 4 ea. slices of whole grain bread
- 2 T. walnuts, chopped coarsely
- In a medium bowl, combine pomegranate arils, mint, and1 t.lime juice.
- Place avocado and remaining 1 t. lime juice in a separate bowl and mash with a fork.
- Toast bread.
- Spread mashed avocado on toast. Top with pomegranate mixture and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.
Did you know the avocado is a fruit, not a vegetable? Learn more about the amazing avocado, including its rich history, cultural impact and tasty ways to eat this delicious superfood in guacamole as well as other dishes!